COMELEC (Commision On Election) developed an application to be used by OFWs and Seafarers to verify their voter’s registration in time for the month-long absentee voting from April 9, 2016. If you want to check if your name is listed, kindly check this post finder link.
So what do you need to do if you found your name listed? Head on to the nearest consulate and cast your votes. Here are the most Frequently Asked Questions:
- When shall the Overseas Voting start for the 2016 Elections?– The overseas voting shall start on April 9, 2016, exactly a month earlier than the elections that will be held in the Philippines.
- What are the ways that an overseas voter can vote? – An overseas voter can vote by either personally or by mail.
- How long does the Overseas Voting last?– Voting period lasts for thirty (30) days, inclusive of established holidays in the Philippines and such holidays in the host countries. For the 2016 National and Local Elections, the voting period shall be from April 9, 2016 to May 9, 2016.
- Where is Overseas Voting conducted? – Voting is held at the premises of the embassies, consulates and other foreign service establishments authorized by the Commission to conduct the voting. Voting may be also held for limited days in the field voting centers or mobile voting centers authorized by the Commission.
- Who conducts the voting? – For personal voting, the Commission deputizes a body to conduct the voting and counting of votes, known as the Special Board of Election Inspectors (SBEI).For postal voting, the Commission deputizes a body to take custody of the ballots and distribute the same during the voting to the registered voter, known as the Special Ballot Reception and Custody Group (SBRCG).
- Who conducts the counting of votes? – The SBEI conducts the counting of ballots either manually or through a vote counting machine,
- Who conducts the canvassing of votes?– The Commission deputizes a body to conduct canvassing, known as the Special Board of Canvassers (SBOC).
This 2016 National Election, let us be wise in choosing our next leaders. bear in mind that it will be in another 6 years that we are able to elect another leader. Choose the leader that best aligns your vision and dreams for our beloved country, the Philippines.
Here are the profiles of the presidentiables: